Sunday 20 October 2013

Who would I bring Back from the Dead and what would I Serve for Dinner?

       If I could bring back one person from the dead, he would be my mom’s father, or my Grandpa.  The reasons as to why I would bring him back from the dead are very important and would bring a great wave of happiness to my family.  My Grandpa was a great man from what I have heard.  When my Grandma comes down to eat dinner with us, there is always one great story of my Grandpa.  My Grandpa passed away when I was about two years old.  Because of my young age, I was barely able to recollect a time that I had spent with him.  My Mom always told me how I would learn to shoot a shotgun or how I would be able to play the harmonica if I had grown up with my Grandpa around.  If I could bring him back from the dead, our whole family would spend time with him.  
       The blog is not only about who I would like to bring back from the dead, but also what I would serve for dinner.  The topic was “If I could bring back one person from the dead, who would he or she be and what would I serve for dinner?”  The first part is pretty explanatory, but the second part is hard to understand.  By reading it, I would say that I would serve his favorite meal.  However my Mom or Grandma would know how to make that meal the best for him.  We would all have a nice family dinner and recollect the past while explaining the present.          By bringing my Grandpa back from the dead, I would be making my family a whole lot happier.  My aunties and Mom would show joy and my Grandma would have to be living alone.  Not only would our family be happy, but many of my Grandpa’s friends would be happy to see him again.  Many people know my Grandpa because he owned and ran Hamilton’s Bar and met a lot of people through the bar.  People respected him and many called him Chief.  My Grandpa’s friends would be excited to see him again but not as much as my Grandma would.  She would have the comfort of the one that she loves around her house.  Right now, she is living alone and we visit her often.  I can see that she gets bored with the fact that she does not always have company.  Bringing my Grandpa back would help her to become much happier. 

        The time my Grandpa passed away was when I was about two years old.  Being so young, I was not able to collect any vivid memories of the times we spent together.  I do still remember him holding me as a baby in his lap and feeding me mints.  When I was young, mints were my favorite candy.  This is the only good memory that I was able to find.  I wish that I had known my Grandpa better because from what I have heard he was a great man and you could learn a thing or two from him.  Hamilton’s Bar would get started up again and people would come.  Being older, I would be able to meet new people and have good conversations.  All of these good things would come if I could bring my Grandpa back to life. 
        If I had to bring one person back from the dead, it would be my Grandpa because I would get to know him, share good times with him, and also learn many new things.  Joy would come to my whole family and we would eat my Grandpa’s favorite meal the first night he came back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment