Monday 28 October 2013

What Would I teach my Kids?

          I plan on having children at some time in my life and I would want them to grow up to be smart, talented, and enthusiastic people.  To do this, I will have to teach them many things that I have learned from my experience and help them to accept and use these ideas to improve their social, mental, and physical capabilities.  The main points that I would get across are to be respectful to others, never lie or over-exaggerate, and to not become lazy.  These are things that I find really important to me and that I wish I would be better at.  By teaching my possible kids in the future these things, I would express myself as the person my sons or daughters would be, and I would like for it to be a good image. 
            The first thing that I think is the most important is to be respectful to others.  This automatically will give everyone a good view towards you, thus making you much more social.  By respecting others, people are not aggravated by your presence, even if you are not doing anything.  Being respectful is also important because adults will look down on you as a figure of higher social intellect than every other kid or teenager.  A good view toward my kids would help reflect on me.    Being respectful to others is a must in what I would teach my kids.
          Although respect is a major virtue in life, honesty is too one of the most vital in teaching to my kids.  When kids lie or over-exaggerate, people don’t trust them or never believe them.  By teaching my kids never to tell a lie, I would give them an honest life.  My parents tried to teach me never to lie, but I do it occasionally.  To teach my kids honesty, I would try to become very involved in their life.  This way I could have a glimpse at what I should believe.  I would also tell my children that I would truly be happier if they would tell me the truth.  I would really express the fact that I would be more willing to accept the horrible truth, than I would to a lie.  My children would then be able to talk to me openly about their problems.  This would give me a great advantage in what I should be doing to keep him or her happy as a parent.  Not only would I get involved in their life, but I would also give them an even better perspective through the eyes of others.  Adding to the respect, people would look on my child as a child of complete honesty.  This would give my child trust among many people, but also help them as to information that their friends would tell them to keep as a secret.  I personally love to hear things like this and I am sure that my children would too. 
          Respect and honesty really reflect the way a person acts, but not as much mentally.  This is why I would stress my child to become hard working and motivated to do anything, whether it is homework for school, or to go and help with chores.  By doing this, I would give my child something that I think is the most important toward school; not being lazy.  Laziness can cause people to slack off in school and to not want to do anything they don’t enjoy doing.  Being motivated helps make your life less stressful and more efficient.  An efficient life is most important for children because it is what they need to get them through life.  Facing a problem would just be as easy as figuring out how to fix it and doing just that.  Laziness is a feeling that I have a hard time trying to overcome and I would not want my kids to be in the same situation.
          In addition to all the small things that I would teach to my children like how to play sports, how to swim and many other small things, the main traits that I would express to my children would be respect, honesty, and motivation.  With these three traits well developed in my child, he or she is bound to have a great future ahead of them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment