Thursday 12 December 2013

What Book Has Benefitted me the Most and How?

                One book that has benefitted me the most was Night, by Elie Wiesel.  This book is based on a true story of a Jew during the time of the Holocaust and what life was like.  Unlike many other books I have read, Night gave me a deep emotional feeling by living the life of a Jew in a concentration camp through a book.  The main thing that always hit me while I was reading it was that all of the stories in the book were true.  How did this book benefit me?  Well first of all, it made me realize that I have a wonderful life and that I should be thankful for every minute of it.  I have always heard of horrible lives, but actually living a life of depression, death, and fear imprinted itself into my mind. There were many instances that seemed unbearable to live in, and at many of those times I would realize that this is true story and how my life seems like heaven compared to it.  By giving me this realistic sense, I always stop and remember the book of Elie Wiesel’s story whenever I am depressed or angry and this helps me overcome my problems.  Knowing that my life can be considered heaven, I become very grateful and humble. 
                The main thing that Night has done for me was to make me much more humble.  I will realize how good my life is and how great of a place I live in.  This new view on thoughts about my life will reduce me from complaining about things.  In turn, this help me become a much better person and people will like me much more.  My relationship with my parents improved due to this book.  I realize that I am lucky to even have parents and so I really take them dear to heart.  I will respect them and never get mad at them because I imagine what life would be like without them and it doesn’t seem possible.   I feel like I wouldn’t be able to live if my parents died, but many people in Night did.
                Watching loved ones die right before your eyes is insane.  I would never be able to live on if that has happened to me.  However Elie Wiesel watched thousands of his fellow Jews murdered, slowly die from lack of nutrients, gasses to death, and even burned to falling ashes on his head.  When Wiesel explains his long hike to another camp with many of the other prisoners, he explains how some prisoners fell over from excessive cold or lack of any more energy in their body.  The rest were forced to leave the people to die slowly.  This helps me because whenever I am playing a sport and become tired, I look back on the book which gives me a huge burst of power, knowing that this weakening feeling in me cannot even be closely compared to that of Elie Wiesel and his companions.
                The book Night, by Elie Wiesel has benefitted me the most out of all the other books that I have read because it gives me a new view on how life is and how much more grateful I should be living in the life I have.  I should be grateful for everything and when I complain about something, I should realize that it is not that bad and how much worse it could be.  Elie Wiesel suffered greatly and I know that every second of my life should be filled with thanks and respect.  The book Night has changed my whole mind set.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment