Thursday 12 December 2013

How do I Connect to Others?

                Throughout high school, social life is very important.  Too keep up with a good social life, you need to have good connections with friends.  If you can’t connect, you will not be able to do anything with your life.  Connecting with others is the only way that you will be happy.  Today, connecting is very easy due to the advancing technology.  I connect with others by using Facebook, but if I have to contact someone quickly, I will call or text them with my phone.  Connections are one of the most important things in my life.  I can stay close with friends who have moved and I can also become closer with people that I meet.  If I meet someone and have no way of contacting them, I will not become close to them.  We will never talk and eventually will forget about each other.  If I can contact them however, I will be able to invite them to hang out.  This way we will become friends. 
                Communications have advanced so much.  Before, we would have to write letters and wouldn’t get a reply for like a week or so.  Today we can contact immediately and even talk face to face in different locations.  This is a huge improvement in social lives.  People are much more social than they were before.  There are now more events that more people go to.   I always get messages and go to parties or just to someone’s house.  Not only are communications important in social lives, but they also may save your life if you are in a life threatening situation like a car accident.    
                Better connections have disadvantages though.  Advertisements that contain spam or viruses are always sent to you and it can get annoying.  Another major disadvantage is anything that you send by message online will get around no matter what.  That is why when I message people I always keep important things out of it.  Cyber bullying is one of the worst types of bullying and this is why communications now a days are dangerous.  Some people may even kill themselves due to cyber bullying. 
               The ways I communicate include Facebook, texting, and Kakao talk.  These are all ways I communicate to people who are not around my area.  However when I am with my friends we communicate by talking.  This is the basic ways that people communicate.  Most people today use social networking.   There are many other ways that I communicate.  For example to say yes I nod my head and to say no I shake it.   I use hand signals to people who can’t hear very well, and I also will occasionally use face expressions to show what I am feeling.          
                 There are many different ways that I communicate to others.  These are very important to me because they can keep my social life good.   If I was not able to immediately contact others, I would not be very happy with my life socially.  If we did not have the technology that we have today it would be much harder to get around.  We would have to drive to people’s houses just to have a conversation.  If you did not know the homework for a certain day, you would be basically screwed.  Communication with body signals is also important so people will know what emotion you are feeling.   If someone is mad at me, or I am mad at someone, but don’t want to say it straight up, we use body signals to show it.  These are important in knowing what someone feels about something, whether related to you or to another subject.  Communication is probably the most important thing in my social life.

No comments:

Post a Comment