Monday 12 August 2013

About Myself

     
Hello, my name is Andrew Scott Johnson and I would like to tell you all about myself.  I am a 16 year old boy and I live in Saipan which is part of the Northern Marianas Islands near Guam.  I am 5 foot 11 and I weigh 140 pounds.  I have brown hair and brown eyes. I live with my parents but have two sisters that are in college and sometimes they come and visit.  My Dad works as the boss of an auditing company called Deloitte.   My Mom takes care of my Grandma, who lives next door and she also helps out around the house.  I use to play soccer but now I have quit and focused more on volleyball and basketball.  My favorite food is probably these special rice balls that they sell near the Sapporo airport.  I love Asian foods, well most but not all, and i am not a huge fan of Italian.  I love to travel to new places.  I have been to Peru, most of the states, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Taiwan.  My favorite thing to do for fun on Saipan is to  hang out with friends and family.  I love to play airsoft, which is
a game that involves bb guns that people shoot at each other and try to get the other team out.  I used to love to bike until I landed and jammed the spokes into my knee.  I still bike but am cautious on jumps.
         My background is made up of 75% American, and 25% Chamorro, the local race of Saipan.  My Mom has 50% of Chamorro blood in her and that is where I get it from.  From my Mom's side, my Grandma is full Chamorro and my Grandpa is American.  They met up after World War 2, since my Grandpa was in the navy.  From my Dad's side, I get most of my American.  Both my Dad's parents are American and my Grandad, from my Dad's side was in the Air Force and fought in Vietnam.  he has some amazing stories to tell.  Although I have some Chamorro blood in me, it's very hard to see.  Most of the people I have met don't believe me the first time.  
      Living on Saipan is very interesting.  The first thing that people from the mainland that I visit ask me about all the World War 2 things that I find.  They are very amazed at the fact that I find human remains in my back yard, or live grenades and ammunition surrounding my house.  There were many battles in World War 2 and one of them took place on Saipan.  These huge battles left many historical remains on, and around Saipan.  Since my Grandma had to hide in the caves during the fighting and bombing to protect herself and her family, she has some crazy stories to tell.  I like Saipan because there are things to do that many other people in the world can't.  We have barbecues on the beach, go to the grotto, which is an open cave that is full of ocean water, and go on amazing bike rides and hikes.  Although Saipan sounds like a wonderful island, there are many things that I don't like.  This includes the lack of shopping, no really official sport leagues that can keep up with the skill of the rest of the world, and the hot humid weather.  
       These are just the facts about me.  If you want to know my personality you will have to meet me because many people say many different things about me.  I think that I am somewhat funny, and many people I know tell me that.  However, what you sould thing of me could be completely different.  You will have to meet me and know me for that information.  I hope this helped you get to know me better.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment